Registering with My Aged Care (MAC)

Before you are able to access Government funded Home Care services, you will need to register with My Aged Care (MAC).  

My Aged Care will ask you a number of questions regarding your personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, next of kin and also questions around the level of support you are looking for.  Before you make the call to MAC make sure you have the following items ready. 

1. Medicare Card: MAC will ask your for the number, your position on the card and expiry date  

2. Doctors Referral:  Have your doctors referral ready and know your GP's details including name, address and phone number 

3. Income Tested Care Fee Form:  Have you Income Tested Care Fee Form filled out and ready for your call.

4. Person Responsible Form:  If a family member, partner or carer are involved in your care decisions, have this ready for your call. 

Does someone have Power of Attorney or Enduring Power of Attorney for your affairs?  If yes, then they will need to be on the call with you when you register. 

The My Aged Care contact centre is available on 1800 200 422 Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (and on Saturdays from 10am to 2pm).